How to Turn on AirDrop on Mac?
AirDrop is probably one of the most underrated tools for Apple devices. But you are missing out on something really great! AirDrop has more capabilities than you may have ever thought of. It can be used to send images and video files, as well as documents to other devices having a Mac interface. In short, AirDrop proves to be quite a handy option when it comes to transferring large files between Apple devices.
Sharing files from a Finder Window using AirDrop
Before proceeding with the steps, a question may arise, “how to turn on AirDrop on Mac?”
Here are the steps:
- Open FINDER.
- Once opened, pick GO and from there select AirDrop.
- This will result in opening an AirDrop Finder window.
- Focus on the bottom part of the screen. There is a tag, “Allow me to be discovered by:“
- Simply toggle through it to view the options: “No one,” “Contacts Only,” or “Everyone.”
- Apart from the first option, you can select either of the latter two to enable file sharing through AirDrop .
Focus on the above image. This is the AirDrop window. Simply drag the files that you want to share into this window. Once done, the files will be shared instantly.
Airdropping an image or video file
It takes just a few clicks to get the job done. Here are the steps:
- Open the file and from there you will find a small box at the top of the window. Click it to view all the necessary sharing options.
- Once the options are opened, you need to select the AirDrop from the dropdown menu.
- After clicking the AirDrop option, you will be redirected to a new window. This window will highlight all the nearby devices available for sharing through AirDrop. Make sure your Bluetooth is turned on prior to these steps.
- Once you find the device you want to send the file to, click on it and the job will be done within a matter of a few seconds.
Sending PowerPoint, Excel, or Word files through AirDrop
This is also similar to the above procedures. However, let’s be more specific.
- Open your PowerPoint, Excel, or Word file. Focus on the upper right corner of the window. You will notice a SHARE tab.
- Click on the Share tab and you will find several sharing options popping up on the screen.
- Click SEND A COPY option and from there, select AirDrop as the mode.
- Once done, a new window will open up, displaying all the nearby devices eligible for AirDrop file sharing.
- Click on the device that you want to share the file with. Within a few seconds, the file will be shared.
You need to keep in mind that the data transferring part carried out by AirDrop is done over the Bluetooth connectivity. Both the receiver and the sender should have the Bluetooth connection turned on. Also, since it functions over Bluetooth, AirDrop can be used only within a specific boundary (over a specific distance).