People often forget their password or username of their account and struggle to gain access. However, regardless of what portal you want to access if you have an account and forgot its username or password, there are ways that you can use to access your account. The process is rather simple that saves yours from the hassle of creating a new account. Moreover, it becomes more critical to access your old account if it involves money.
If you often make transactions from your phone, chances are you are well aware of Cash App. It is a P2P (peer-to-peer) app that lets you request, receive, and transfer money in just a few straightforward steps. It has a massive number of consumers, and the reason is simple; it is easy to use and a secure platform that you can use to make transactions right from your phone even when you are on the go.
However, if you are one of those Cash App consumers who are unable to access their old cash account regardless of what the reason is, and seeking help regarding it, you are in the right place. Below, I have explained in details of how to activate the old Cash App account.
How to Access your Old Cash App account?
You don’t need to create a new Cash App account since there is a way to access your old Cash App account, which means you don’t need to panic at all. Note that once you have created a Cash App account, it means your data is safe in the Square Cash database. It means you can reach out to a Cash App representative to explain the problem you are facing to regain access to your old Cash App account.
So, let’s get started!
1. The very first and the most important step to regaining access to the old Cash App account is to create a new Cash App account using the same details that you have used earlier.
2. Now, after you have created your new Cash App account, you are required to activate your Cash Card for your new Cash App account by providing all the required information, such as your name, Social Security Number, date of birth, etc.
3. Now, you will be required to connect your Cash App account to your bank account. There, make sure you are connecting your new Cash App account to the same bank account to that your old Cash App account was connected.
4. Once you are done linking both your new Cash App account and your bank account, access the Cash App support section.
5. To do that, tap on your profile icon.
6. Now tap on the SUPPORT option.
7. Now, you will see many options. Locate the one that reads CAN’T ACCESS OLD ACCOUNT.
8. Now, using your email address, submit a request that includes all the details related to your old Cash App account.
9. Once you have SUBMITTED the request, you will receive an email from the Cash App Support Team.
10. Now, you will be required to verify some information related to your old Cash App account.
11. If your provided information is verified, your new account will be merged into your old Cash App account.
12. Finally, you will be able to access your old Cash App account.
What Information Do I Need to Provide to Regain Access Old Cash App account?
Here are the details that you have to provide to regain access to your old Cash App account using your new Cash App account:
- While adding your bank account to your new Cash App account, you have to click on your profile icon.
- Now locate and tap on the option which reads ADD A BANK.
- Now, provide your first and last name in the blank fields.
- Now enter the $Cashtag of both of your new and old Cash App account.
- Put your phone number and email address that is linked to your old Cash App account.
- Re-enter both the phone and email address of your new account.
- Now, provide your bank account last three digits, debit cared last four digits, and ZIP code for old Cash App account.
- Re-enter the same for your new Cash App account.
Bonus Tip: Troubleshoot your Cash App Account
Here are some handy tips that you can use to unlock or troubleshoot your Cash App account –
- Make sure that your phone is connected to a strong and reliable internet connection.
- Don’t access your Cash App account from any unauthorized link or third-party apps. Always log in to it from the official Cash App link.
- Scan your phone on a regular basis to protect it from viruses or bugs.
- To boost the Cash App performance and your phone, delete unnecessary files and cache from your phone. These files can affect Cash App performance as well as to slow down your phone.
- Make sure to regularly check for updates to keep Cash App up to date.
That is all about how to access the old Cash App account. You can follow the steps I have stated above. Moreover, If you need any further help, you can leave us a comment below.
Q: Can I use my Cash App account from a different device?
Ans: Yes, you can access your old Cash App account from a different device by verifying your phone and email address linked to your Cash App account.
Q: Can I access my old Cash App account if I don’t have linked a phone number to it?
Ans: Yes, you can easily access your old Cash App account even if you have lost your phone number. To do that, you just need to link the same debit card and bank account to it that you have previously used for it.